2018 Community Impact Breakfast Press Release 2018 Community Impact Breakfast The Community Foundation of Boone… [Read More]
Boone County Leadership (BCL) is a 9-month program that promotes civic engagement and educates participants about existing and emerging local issues on topics such as agribusiness, the legal system, health and human services, economic development, education and commerce.
The 2018 session will take place from January to October and meets one day a month, with no class in July. Applications for the 2018 class are due November 27th and the 2018 cohort will be announced by December 22nd. Contact Gabi Youran with questions.
Classes will typically run from 9am – 5pm and include unique, behind-the-scenes community awareness opportunities and leadership skills training.
2017 Session topics and skills training included:
- ORIENTATION | Real Colors Personality Assessment | Servant Leadership
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT | Civil Civic Discourse
- EDUCATION | Public Speaking
- LAW ENFORCEMENT | Crisis Management/Dealing with Challenges
- BUSINESS AND ECONOMIC & WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT | Innovation/Running Effective Meetings
- WAREHOUSING AND MANUFACTURING | Effective Groups
- HEALTH & WELLNESS | Motivating Yourself and Others/Leading from Within/Balancing Life
- AGRICULTURE | Community Visioning
- GRADUATION | Being a Good Board Member
The tuition for the 9-month program is $750.
Congratulations to our 2017 graduates!