Want to figure our how to pay for college? Want to talk to someone who… [Read More]
Boone County Leadership (BCL) is a 9-month program that promotes civic engagement and educates participants about existing and emerging local issues on topics such as agribusiness, the legal system, health and human services, economic development, education and commerce.
The 2017 session will take place from January to October and meets one day a month, with no class in July. Applications for the 2017 class are now closed. Contact Gabi Youran with questions.
Classes will typically run from 9am – 5pm and include unique, behind-the-scenes community awareness opportunities and leadership skills training.
Session topics and skills training include:
- ORIENTATION | Real Colors Personality Assessment | Servant Leadership
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT | Civil Civic Discourse
- EDUCATION | Public Speaking
- LAW ENFORCEMENT | Crisis Management/Dealing with Challenges
- BUSINESS AND ECONOMIC & WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT | Innovation/Running Effective Meetings
- WAREHOUSING AND MANUFACTURING | Effective Groups
- HEALTH & WELLNESS | Motivating Yourself and Others/Leading from Within/Balancing Life
- AGRICULTURE | Community Visioning
- GRADUATION | Being a Good Board Member
The tuition for the 9-month program is $750, with a limited number of discounted spots ($500) available to nonprofit representatives.
For more information about the class or sponsorship opportunities, contact Gabi Youran at 765.482.0024 or by email.
Congratulations to our 2016 graduates!