Now Hiring for 2019: Development & Communications Director Send Resume with cover letter and salary… [Read More]
The Community Foundation of Boone County accepts a variety of gift vehicles, and our staff works with you to make the process a smooth one for your clients.
WAYS TO GIVE:
- Cash is the easiest way to donate, whether it is actually cash or a check mailed to the foundation or a gift made online.
- Real estate or personal property may be given to the Foundation. Of course, all gifts qualify for a charitable tax deduction in the year the gift was made.
- Appreciated securities, when donated, allow donors to avoid paying the capital gains tax while providing an accompanying income tax deduction for the current fair-market value.
- Private foundations or trusts often require time and money to manage. By transferring a private foundation or trust to the Community Foundation, all responsibilities for reports and administrative duties will be carried out by the staff of the Foundation. Since the Foundation does not pay excise tax, more income is available to benefit the donors’ favorite charities.
- Not all donors wish acknowledgement for their philanthropic gifts. Some donors prefer anonymity. When that is the case, the Community Foundation of Boone County protects the identity and confidentiality of the donor.
To learn more about the gift options for your client, contact Kristi Reynolds or call 765.482.0024 or 317.873.0210.