We recently joined radio mom on what’s up boone county Our President & CEO, Jodi… [Read More]
The Community Foundation of Boone County accepts a variety of gift vehicles, and our staff works with you to make the process a smooth one for you. We are here to help you achieve your philanthropic dreams.
THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS TO GIVE
Create your own fund. Support a cause or place you care about. Create a family tradition of giving. Honor a loved one’s memory. Establish a scholarship. Give directly to organizations of your choice through a donor-advised fund. There are many reasons you might be inspired to start a fund at the Community Foundation, and there are many options for the types of funds you can create.
Donate to an existing fund. The Community Foundation manages more than 200 funds created by generous individuals, families, business, and organizations. These funds make grants to support specific places, organizations, or areas of interest. You can donate to any of these funds and make a difference.
Support our Community Impact Fund. The Community Impact Fund opens the possibility that, whatever problems or opportunities arise, we’ll have the resources to deploy the best solutions. Gifts to this fund are important investments in our community.
Leave a legacy through your estate plan. If you wish to leave a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime, you can include the Community Foundation of Boone County in your will or estate plan, ensuring that your charitable vision endures forever. You can leave a specific dollar amount, property, a percentage of your estate, or the remainder after distributions to other beneficiaries.
WHAT TO GIVE
- Cash is the easiest way to donate, whether it is actually cash or a check mailed to the foundation or a gift made online.
- Real estate or personal property may be given to the Foundation. All gifts qualify for a charitable tax deduction in the year the gift was made.
- Appreciated securities, when donated, allow donors to avoid paying the capital gains tax while providing an accompanying income tax deduction for the current fair-market value.
- Private foundations or trusts often require time and money to manage. By transferring a private foundation or trust to the Community Foundation, all responsibilities for reports and administrative duties will be carried out by the staff of the Foundation. Since the Foundation does not pay excise tax, more income is available to benefit the donors’ favorite charities.
- Not all donors wish acknowledgement for their philanthropic gifts. Some donors prefer anonymity. When that is the case, the Community Foundation of Boone County protects the identity and confidentiality of the donor.
To learn more about gift options, email us or call 765.482.0024.