January 5, 2016 | News
The Community Foundation of Boone County is seeking nominations for the Lionel Dubay Sports Award.
This award was established in memory of Lionel Dubay. Dubay was an active member of the Little League and Youth Soccer Association, and was instrumental in starting pee-wee football in Zionsville. He was enthusiastically devoted to making youth sports fun and worthwhile for the kids until his life was tragically cut short by a car accident in 1985. A fund at the Community Foundation was established in order to improve and enhance amateur sports in Zionsville, in perpetuity. The award is made from the fund to honor his memory and recognize an active contributor to Zionsville youth sports.
The public may make nominations by writing a letter describing why your candidate deserves recognition. Describe what contributions your nominee has made to youth sports in Zionsville. Include your name, address and phone number and the name address and phone number of the nominee. Click for the 2016_Lionel Dubay Youth Sports Award Nomination Form.
- Letters of nomination should be sent to the Community Foundation by mail, 102 N Lebanon St, Ste 200 Lebanon, IN 46052 or email, email@example.com by February 15th, 2016.
- Nominees for the Lionel Dubay Award may be coaches, team moms, active supporters, etc.-anyone who has made an ongoing commitment to youth sports in Zionsville. Candidates may represent any type of youth sport serving the Zionsville area.
- The award includes a plaque and a cash donation to the award winner’s youth sports organization of choice.
- Presentation will be made based on the schedule of the selected award recipient.
- Award recipient will be selected by a committee which includes a Dubay family member, CFBC board member and community representative(s).
- Contact Kristi Reynolds at 765-482-0024 or Kristi@communityfoundationbc.org with any questions or to have a form mailed.